Upsampler dCS Vivaldi
Upsampler dCS Vivaldi
Vivaldi Upsampler is designed to act as the hub of a digital audio system. It will transform your listening experience, taking your music collection to levels you have not heard before.
Operating as a digital-to-digital converter, Vivaldi Upsampler accesses music from any digital source and converts the audio from its native sample rate to either high resolution DXD (24-bit data at 352.8 or 384kS/s), DSD (1-bit data at 2.822MS/s or 5.644MS/s) or standard high resolution PCM (24-bit data up to 192kS/s). The results gained from Vivaldi Upsampler are extraordinary – a more vibrant, three-dimensional, transparent and effortless performance.
Vivaldi Upsampler features a wired network connection, it can stream high resolution audio files stored on a computer or network storage via UPnP. The additional asynchronous USB input on Vivaldi Upsampler also allows direct connection of a computer and supports high resolution audio up to and including 384kS/s and DSD/128 in DoP format. The Network and USB interfaces run in asynchronous mode, which makes Vivaldi Upsampler immune to jitter from noisy computer master clocks.
Vivaldi Upsampler is Apple Authenticated and supports playback of iPod/iPhone-stored digital media, bypassing the iPod/iPhone internal DAC to ensure optimal performance. USB memory hardware is also supported.
An array of independently selectable digital inputs (RJ45, USB, AES, S/PDIF, SDIF-2, TOSLINK) completes the versatility of this powerful machine and elevates the performance of Red Book CD from CD players or high resolution audio from digital streamers to a previously unsurpassed level.
dCS pioneered the use of external clocks in digital audio systems. The redesigned multi-stage Phase-Locked-Loop (PLL) system used in Vivaldi Upsampler sets world-beating standards for accuracy and control of troublesome jitter from the incoming audio stream.
Control of such a versatile product is extremely simple with the user having the choice of using the full colour front panel menu, Vivaldi Controller App or the premium dCS remote control. The Vivaldi Controller App also allows users to change DAC inputs and volume, simplifying the control experience further.
The dCS ‘soft’ approach to programmable logic makes it extremely easy for users to update Vivaldi Upsampler software, whether adding new features, installing performance upgrades or adapting to changes in digital formats.
Used as part of a complete Vivaldi digital audio playback system, Vivaldi Upsampler brings a performance of effortless realism each and every time.
– Utilises the latest generation dCS Digital Processing Platform for state-of-the-art measured performance and unrivalled fidelity.
– Designed for maximum flexibility, both input and output configuration can be optimised for systems with various digital sources.Comprehensive clocking architecture to minimise jitter.
– Streaming services supported include TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify Connect, Deezer and Internet Radio.
– Auto clocking mode, Save/Restore settings, Universal Master Mode, the hiding of inactive inputs, DXD Lock and DSD Feed-through modes improve ease-of-use.
– Asynchronous Network and USB interfaces do not use the computer’s jittery clock.Improved power supplies give lower running temperature and superior tolerance to AC supply variations.
– Multi-stage regulation ensures sensitive clock and PLL circuitry is unaffected by digital interference.
– Aerospace-grade machined aluminium chassis fitted with tuned acoustic damping panels reduces magnetic effects and vibration.