DAC dCS Vivaldi
DAC dCS Vivaldi
DAC dCS Vivaldi
Vivaldi DAC uses the latest groundbreaking dCS technology including ‘next generation’ versions of the dCS Ring DAC™, Digital Processing Platform and Clocking System so that, as the hub of a digital audio system, an array of features guarantees superlative performance from any digital source.
Vivaldi DAC features standard AES3, Dual AES, SDIF-2 and S/PDIF inputs in addition to an asynchronous USB 2.0 interface. The enhanced digital volume control allows direct connection to a power amplifier so that in the majority of systems there is no need for a separate preamplifier. Maximum output can be set any one of four levels to suit different amplifier and speaker combinations.
The unique design of the legendary dCS Ring DAC™ combines exceptional linearity with very high speed operation enabling it to deliver true 24-bit performance even at low signal levels. The latest generation of our proprietary Ring DAC™ incorporates a number of important technical advances that have resulted in enhanced dynamic range, reduced jitter, improved channel separation and greatly improved musical realism. The new double-speed mapping feature adds even more delicacy, emotion and presence to this award-winning design.
The powerful digital processing platform of Vivaldi DAC is based around Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) chips, Digital Signal Processing (DSP) chips and a microcontroller system. All use code developed and maintained in the UK by dCS. Offering twice the logic capacity of previous generations, Vivaldi DAC is the current state-of-the-art in digital audio, delivering unmatched sonic and measured performance.
dCS pioneered the use of external clocks in digital audio systems, and the redesigned multi-stage Phase-Locked-Loop (PLL) system used in Vivaldi DAC sets world-beating standards for accuracy and control of troublesome jitter from the incoming audio stream.
Featuring a completely new interface designed to handle all high resolution musical formats up to DXD (24-bit data at 352.8 and 384kS/s) plus DSD/64 or DSD/128, the optimised DSP filters available to Vivaldi DAC owners will ensure you can extract every last nuance of musical detail and emotion by tuning the system to suit your personal preference.
The dCS ‘soft’ approach to programmable logic makes it extremely easy for users to update Vivaldi DAC software, whether adding new features, installing performance upgrades or adapting to changes in digital formats.
Used as a standalone DAC or as part of a complete Vivaldi digital audio playback system Vivaldi DAC gives a performance of effortless realism each and every time.
– Utilises the latest generation dCS Digital Processing Platform for state-of-the-art measured performance and unrivalled fidelity.
– Designed for maximum flexibility by accepting audio data from a variety of digital sources.
– Flexible output configuration can be optimised in systems with or without preamplifiers.
– Comprehensive clocking architecture plus an auto-clocking mode used in the Vivaldi range improves ease-of-use and minimises jitter.USB interface allows easy connection to a computer, accepting PCM data at up to 24/384 and DoP (DSD/64 or DSD/128 over PCM).
– The interface runs in asynchronous USB mode, making the DAC immune to jitter from noisy computer master clocks.Improved power supplies give lower running temperature and superior tolerance to AC supply variations.
– Multi-stage regulation ensures sensitive analogue circuitry is unaffected by digital interference.Separate power circuits for the digital and analogue sections further enhance the purity of the power supply.
– Aerospace-grade machined aluminium chassis fitted with tuned acoustic damping panels reduces magnetic effects and vibration.Features a full MQA™ decoder.
– This MQA™ implementation is unique, as it is the first opportunity to enable a DAC which, by providing exact rendering to beyond 16x (768 kHz), matches the desired temporal response with very low modulation noise.